Trail Running Hydration Pack
Carry the Water You Need with a Trail Running Hydration Pack
A trail running hydration pack is essential for both long and short trail runs. A running vest allows you to carry the water and other gear required to stay safe during your outdoor adventures. We stock a range of vests by brands, such as Salomon, The North Face and Camelbak.
Benefits of a Trail Running Vest
Select a vest that fits you well, and experience the following benefits during your run:
- A hydration vest provides hands-free hydration on the run. When trying on your new garment, ensure the straw length is long enough to allow you to drink without removing the vest. The straw tip design allows easy sipping. The ‘bite’ tip makes screw tops unnecessary and eliminates the risk of losing the lid.
- A vest is essential for trail running, as it allows you to carry sufficient water and other gear comfortably. We stock vests that will enable you to carry up to two litres of fresh, clean water - eliminating the need to stop at a stream to sanitise water during your run.
- Trail running vests are designed to carry more than water. For shorter, easier runs, a vest that has pockets for your phone, keys, and wallet is all you’ll require. For longer, or more challenging trails, you’ll want to invest in gear that allows you to carry additional supplies, such as energy bars or chews, first aid supplies, and other outdoor survival essentials.
The Importance of Trail Running Hydration Vest
A running vest is critical when outdoors for the following reasons:
- Allows you to carry ample water to stay hydrated during any run. Running out of water can be dangerous when outdoors, as you may not be near a river with clean, running water. Planning your route and knowing if you can refill your water is essential when preparing for your adventure.
- Creates pauses in your run to assess the time and weather. Time often disappears when out on the trail. Set a timer to sound an alarm every twenty to thirty minutes, as a reminder to drink water, eat some food, and notice the weather and light. Pausing allows you to assess any changes in the weather that may require you to cut your run short, or that time is passing faster than you expected and it’s time to run back.
- Helps avoid over-hydration. As important as staying hydrated is, it is just as vital that you do not over-hydrate. Hyponatremia is a rare condition but is still something to be conscious of as it impacts cell function and, in extreme cases, can have serious consequences. Adding salt or electrolyte mix to your hydration flasks in your vest, or snacking on salty foods, will help balance salt levels in the body and keep you feeling good for longer.
- Comfort while running – A vest is much more comfortable than carrying a pack. Designed to fit tight more like a piece of clothing, a trail running vest keeps everything in place, allows you to drink while still on the move and bring all your essentials with a variety of pockets.
An evenly packed vest will feel like it is part of you and distribute weight for the training and race runs.
Why You Should Use Jindabyne SportsWe have been located in Jindabyne’s town centre for over fifty years. Our team stocks quality products from well-known and trusted brands, such as Salomon, Camelbak, Patagonia, and many more. We share your passion for the outdoors and have the gear for all your adventures.
Hydration is critical during all activities, contact us to explore our full range of hydration products.